Celebrate World Fair Trade Day...with great product discounts!
05.11.2011World Fair Trade Day rolls around again on May 14 — and this international celebration makes for a great time to stock up on fair trade goodies! Yes, fair trade products can be pricier than their conventional counterparts — but the producers get a fairer deal for their work, while you get high quality products that don’t make you worry about major labor abuses.
This month, lots of fair trade companies are offering discounts in celebration of World Fair Trade Day — so take advantage of them to get fair trade products at less than the price of conventional ones. Here are five deals to try:
1. Win $50 worth of fair trade chocolate. Enter the Fair Trade Week Giveaway @purecitizen for a chance to win an assortment of 12+ bars of fair trade chocolate from Equal Exchange, Divine, and Theo. Get your entry in by May 14.
2. Enjoy free fair trade treats at a fair trade event near you. Search Fair Trade Resource Network’s list of many events happening throughout this month to find out what’s happening near you. Many feature delicious treats, giveaways, and raffle prizes — all fair trade, of course.
3. Get free fair trade tweeting help. Ben & Jerry’s has put together a cute little tweeting app called FairTweets — that’ll automatically fill in whatever of the 140 characters remain in your tweet with a fair trade message.
4. Nab a coupon for Divine Chocolate. Like fair trade company Divine Chocolate’s Facebook page for a coupon that will give you 10 to 20 percent off its web store.
5. Get 30% off fair trade organic lip balm. Eco Lips ONE WORLD lip balms — made with fair trade certified cocoa butter and organic ingredients — even come packaged in tubes made with 40 percent recycled material. Use the code FAIRTRADE2011 for your discount.
6. Win fair trade goodies by putting a “Wake Up the World” fair trade friendly sign (downloadable here) on your mug or banana, taking a photo of yourself, and sending it to email@example.com with your name, city and state. You’ll then be entered into a drawing to win Fair Trade goodies from Fair Trade USA.
How will you celebrate World Fair Trade Day?