15 Tips for Having More Fun at Work
02.02.2016Wouldn’t it be nice to think that you’re going to be just as excited about going to work tomorrow as you were on your first day on the job?!
But between increased workload, change in management, or simply being in the same role for a while you may be feeling….well, not exactly burned out, but stagnant.
The good news is that you have a certain level of control over your experience every day at work! You can’t always control the things going on around you, but you can re-frame your thinking, add some spunk to your day, and to your co-workers’ day as well.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Invite a new co-worker out to lunch
2. Bring healthy snacks like fresh fruit & veggies to share in the break room
3. Turn on some music!
4. Have a paper airplane contest
5. Gather your team for a group photo
6. Bring in a plant for your desk
7. Dress up like it’s a special day (even if it’s not)
8. Create a “show and tell” once a month
9. Stretch at your desk for 5 minutes
10. Bring in your old magazines and leave them in the break room for others to enjoy
11. Switch jobs with someone in your department for a day
12. Have a chili cook-off
13. Create a company song
14. Bring in trivia cards and ask people questions
15. Create your very own customized lip balm and shared with your co-workers! www.my.ecolips.com
You don’t need to be in charge or make big changes to inject some fun into your day, and to connect with your co-workers. Sometimes the little things can make all the difference. Just keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you’re up to.