- Why aren't your products 100% organic?
- What is the difference between “Natural” and “Organic”?
- How does my internet order ship?
- What if my lip balm goes through the washer?
- Why do you package some of your products in cardboard boxes?
- What's up with your solar power project?
- What is the best lip balm for severely chapped lips?
- What does the SPF rating mean?
- Do you offer samples for events?
- Do you offer free samples?
- Do you test your products on animals?
- Which of your products are vegan?
- How is your lip balm different from Burt's Bees?
- Do you offer private label lip balm?
Some ingredients, such as vitamin E, aren't available in a certified organic form yet. As they become available, we will include them in our formulas.
The term “organic” can only be used on products that are grown and produced without pesticides, and other harmful chemicals. Products that host the USDA Organic Seal are produced under the high standards set forth by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. There is no legal definition of what the term “natural” means. Natural foods can include organic foods, but not all natural foods are organic. Look for products with the USDA Organic seal and you'll be making the right choice for your health and the environment.
Internet orders and call in orders are shipped U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail, unless you specify Priority Mail or FedEx.
Here is our best suggestion to removing lip balm from clothing:
- Soak clothing in boiling water with detergent. Repeat until the stain is removed.
- Set washing machine to high heat and wash with detergent.
We are required by some retailers to put our products in “blister packs” or “individual cartons”. If we don't offer this item, there are many stores who wouldn't buy from us. We always prefer selling our products in bulk displays.
We initiated Iowa's largest solar power project in 2006. Once the State of Iowa became involved, along with our power company it rapidly took on a life of its own. We are currently working on plans for an even larger project.
Eco Lips Gold is best “all around” lip balm. It is designed for all day every day use, and formulated to rapidly heal chapped lips.
SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. Sunscreens are labeled with a number. This number is a multiple that compares your skin's vulnerability to burning with and without sunscreen. For example, if your sunscreen is SPF 15, it will take you 15 times as much sun exposure to get sunburned as compared to wearing no sunscreen at all.
We have special “event” pricing available to events that fit into our marketing plan. Please email or call us to discuss.
Yes, we do if you pay the shipping. Use this form to request a sample
We do not test our products on animals.
Eco Lips Bee Free is made with a plant wax called Candelilla wax instead of bees wax.
The main difference is that Eco Lips is made with organic ingredients. Burt's Bees contains no organic ingredients.
Yes, please see our Private Label Lip Balm page for more information.